Upcoming EventsDownload the 2021 events calendar
Please check this page regularly for event updates or follow us on Facebook. APLDWA members, please subscribe to the newsletter and our Google group to never miss an announcement.
APLDWA Garden Tour and Vendor Spotlight Tour
Outdoor Rooms and Outdoor Kitchens
Date: August 22nd, 2021 (Sunday) 8:30am
Location: Sutter Home and Hearth in Ballard
920 NW Leary Way Seattle, WA 98107
Cost: Members only - $75
Ever since work from home became the norm, our clients have been looking increasingly to using their yards as an extension of their homes. People want to be able to be in their yards throughout the year, and to meet up safely with friends in attractive and practical outdoor rooms.
Our summer program this year is an opportunity for us to learn about best practices, latest trends, and useful tips on outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, and fire pits – something realistic for every budget.
Join our in-person (yes!!!) garden tour of outdoor living rooms and kitchens, to be inspired for your own designs and learn how to work together with vendors and contractors to make your own project a success.
- Sign-in: 8:30am at Sutter Home and Hearth. There will be 3 sign-in sheets for 3 groups (A,B,C), each with 15 members and 1 docent. You can choose to sign-in into any of the 3 groups. However, once a sign-sheet has 15 entries, it will be closed.
- Group A
- 9am to 10am: Talk by Jim Askervold of Sutter Homes, focusing on Kitchens (20min), Fireplace/Firepits (20min) and Outdoor Heaters (20min)
- 10am to 10:30am: Coffee/tea and light lunch/snacks
- 10:30am to 2pm: Garden Tour (all 6 gardens)
- Group B
- 9am to 11am: Garden Tour (first 4 gardens)
- 11am to 12noon: Talk by Jim Askervold of Sutter Homes, focusing on Kitchens (20min), Fireplace/Firepits (20min) and Outdoor Heaters (20min)
- 12noon to 12:30pm: Coffee/tea and light lunch/snacks
- 12:30am to 2pm: Garden Tour (remaining 2 gardens)
- Group C
- 9am to 12:30pm: Garden Tour (all 6 gardens)
- 12:30pm to 1pm: Coffee/tea and light lunch/snacks
- 1pm to 2pm: Talk by Jim Askervold of Sutter Homes, focusing on Kitchens (20min), Fireplace/Firepits (20min) and Outdoor Heaters (20min)
- Note that Sutter Home and Hearth is providing the food that is served on their premises. We will not be taking any lunch orders for this program.
- Happy Hour (optional): 2pm onwards at local breweries like Obec Brewing, Stoup Brewing or Urban Family Brewing. Members can choose any of these breweries that are close to Sutter Home to socialize with their peers. There are food trucks in the area that provide food as well.
Members: $75 per person
To keep group sizes small and to prioritize our members, we have decided to open this program to members only and we will cap the registrations at 45 members. So, sign-up asap!
Registration coming soon.