Benefits of Membership
Gardenworkz Outdoor Living
Environmental Construction comparing mulch.
I see many members of APLD as these "inspiration" partners, even though I may have never worked or collaborated with them. The real benefit of APLD, to me, has come in the intangible connections and inspirations between our collective, creative minds. I can't quantify the way these partnerships impact both my business and myself.
East Side Tree Service clearing a hedge.
Even so, you may feel that you need more concrete benefits to your membership. Here is a comprehensive list of benefits to APLD members:
- Directory in Members' Area
- Annual APLD Conference Discount
- Design Online, a monthly newsletter highlighting gardens, members, pertinent trends
- APLD Webinar Discounts
- Membership in Your Chapter and/or Virtual Community
- Ability to Join Additional State and Regional Chapters
- The Designer Magazine – Quarterly Publication
- Local Leadership and Networking
- Local ongoing training, mentoring, POD groups.
- 20% Discount on Books from McGraw-Hill
- State Advocacy Tracking
- Job Board *
- One FREE APLD Produced Webinar**
- "Find a Designer" Searchable Listing on Website listing**
- Portfolio on Website **
- Speakers Bureau Listing Design Dollars for Each Member Recruited ***
- Design Dollars for Each Member Recruited ****
- National Certification Program ****
- Hortica Errors & Omissions Insurance Discount****
Jim Honold installing a customer railing.
**Available to Emerging Professional, Professional, Qualified Professional, and Fellow memberships
***Available to Educator, Professional, Qualified Professional, and Fellow memberships
**** Available to Qualified Professional and Fellow memberships
Finally, the last, but not least, benefit for us in Washington state is that this year APLD's International Design Conference is being held here in Seattle (July 25-28). This is the first time in many years that our chapter has had the opportunity to showcase this beautiful place we call home. The teamwork, dedication, creativity and passion that my fellow members have demonstrated in pulling this all together (all while managing their own businesses simultaneously) has been inspiring. I look forward to our continued collaboration and wholeheartedly welcome anyone else who would like to be a part of designing this event. Registration opens soon!
Not a member of APLD? Visit www.apld.org to join!
Spring is at our doorstep. Good luck out there!
Laura Kleppe, CPH
Marenakos installing a rockery.